Green Thumb Sunday: Ladybug with radish sprouts

Happy 2007, y’all. May your new year bring you many great gardening experiences.

Ladybug with radish sprouts

Gardeners, plant and nature lovers can join in Green Thumb Sunday every week. Visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

11 Comments on “Green Thumb Sunday: Ladybug with radish sprouts”

1. #1 Lydia
    on Dec 31st, 2006 at 7:21 am

Genie, wishing you all good things and a robust garden in 2007!

on Dec 31st, 2006 at 8:41 am

Thanks, Lydia! Happy New Year to you, too.

3. #3 katie
    on Dec 31st, 2006 at 10:31 am

Happy New Year!
    I want that lady bug/bird…

4. #4 Popo
    on Dec 31st, 2006 at 12:17 pm

What a wonderful photo!
    Happy New Year, Dear Genie!

5. #5 Colleen
    on Dec 31st, 2006 at 12:35 pm

Hi Genie,

This is a great photo!

I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

on Jan 1st, 2007 at 8:11 pm

Katie, isn’t that bug cute?

Popo, thanks for the compliment — and the visit!

Colleen, thank you so much!

A very happy New Year to the three of you, as well.

7. #7 Jeanne
    on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 9:58 am

this photo shows all the promise of what everyone’s garden could be!

8. #8 Corina
    on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 10:25 am

Great picture and I love your resolutions. I think I might have to co-opt some of them myself.

Manarda (bee balm) is great for attracting both bees and butterflies (and it smells so yummy). Also butterfly weed (I think that’s what it is called)–very hearty and monarchs love it. Gallardia, too. Bees seem to really dig echinacea and black-eyed susans–but I’m sure there is a bee/honey/wildflower website with more accurate info. Happy New Year!
    xoxox

on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 8:50 pm

Jeanne, thanks for your sweet comment. If only the radish sprouts had actually turned into edible radishes…I didn’t have much luck with those this year.

Corina, thank you for your tips and list — those are great ideas! Wishing you the happiest of New Years, too — I miss you, chica!

10. #10 Hot, hot ladybug action at The Inadvertent Gardener
    on Aug 25th, 2008 at 8:05 am

[...] by the bed. First one, then two, then it was as if my eye had calibrated to pick them up, and the ladybugs were everywhere, scattered amidst the leaves like water [...]

11. #11 Sprout Nutrition
    on Feb 25th, 2009 at 9:16 am

[...] Green Thumb Sunday: Ladybug with radish sprouts – The Inadvertent … – It’s amazing what I’ll do for a good tomato. May your new year bring you many great gardening experiences. Gardeners, plant and nature lovers can join in Green Thumb Sunday every week. [...]