Green Thumb Sunday: Soon…very soon…

Seedlings at Paul’s Discount

Gardeners, plant and nature lovers can join in Green Thumb Sunday every week. Visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

10 Comments on “Green Thumb Sunday: Soon…very soon…”

1. #1 AliciaRS
    on Mar 25th, 2007 at 8:28 am

I’m getting really impatient for “soon” to be “right this second”. We had snow again last night. Ack.

2. #2 Ruth
    on Mar 25th, 2007 at 8:44 am

Can’t wait to get all my plants off of windowsills!

on Mar 25th, 2007 at 9:35 am

Alicia, snow? We have 70-degree temps today, which is making me want to go plant things. I know we’re not done with cold yet, but if we get snow again, I don’t know what I’ll do.

Ruth, that’s going to happen any day now!

4. #4 Katie
    on Mar 25th, 2007 at 1:49 pm

What a gorgeous site! I can’t wait to get to the greenhouse and start buying plants. I have to wait at least until the sun comes out again, and maybe it watms up….
    I hate this part of spring when the spirit is willing but the weather isn’t!

on Mar 25th, 2007 at 1:56 pm

Katie, hang in there…I hate it when it’s not quite really spring yet, but it’s definitely on its way!

6. #6 Sally
    on Mar 26th, 2007 at 7:30 am

For the last couple of years April has really been warm and many people had their gardens completely in by the first of May. All I can say is “FIGHT THAT URGE, PEOPLE!” This is Iowa! I never plant my tomatoes until Mother’s Day. Actually, that’s when I pretty much plant everything. (I don’t do peas and potatoes and such. Not enough space.) But I was at Menards yesterday and they have some of their stuff in and it was REALLY hard not to buy.

7. #7 kate
    on Mar 26th, 2007 at 3:24 pm

Where I live, planting out before the third weekend in May can be touch-and-go.

The rosemary in your pic looks so healthy.

on Mar 26th, 2007 at 9:00 pm

Sally, I was having much the same thought. There’s no way this weather is the end of the cold…we’re surely in for some raw weather yet…

Kate, it’s probably touch-and-go here, too. I had to fight the urge, though…that sun is a powerful enticement to garden…

9. #9 Sally
    on Mar 27th, 2007 at 6:15 am

Hee! I just noticed Herky in the background! Where was this at? Hy-vee?

on Mar 27th, 2007 at 7:06 am

Sally, it’s at the world-famous Paul’s Discount!