Winter: the season that won’t surrender

This picture?

Snowfall

That’s what’s happening outside my front door right this very minute.

I know this winter is going to end eventually, but seriously? It feels like I’m never going to see the garden again.

13 Comments on “Winter: the season that won’t surrender”

1. #1 Carol, May Dreams Gardens
    on Feb 28th, 2008 at 8:57 pm

Seriously? Ugh. We are expecting a “wintry mix” by morning.
    Hang in there. I’ve never known winter not to end eventually.

2. #2 CJ
    on Feb 28th, 2008 at 9:08 pm

You’re not the only one feeling the effects of a never ending winter…
    Check out: http://ourlittleacre.blogspot.com/2008/02/just-biding-time.html
    And the 15 comments are just as funny! Stay warm.

3. #3 Jen(aside)
    on Feb 28th, 2008 at 9:43 pm

I know! I’m so tired of snow. I was walking around Iowa City earlier just grumbling under my breath (so if you saw me, yeah, that was me – I’m tired of walking in the snow!).

4. #4 Joy
    on Feb 29th, 2008 at 6:32 am

We are due for more snow this afternoon and during the coming week .. talk about cabi CRAZY times still hanging around here .. I’m so SICK of the WHITE STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. #5 Curtis
    on Feb 29th, 2008 at 11:47 am

Oh that doesn’t look good.

6. #6 hotfessional
    on Feb 29th, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Woke up to no snow. By 7 am, it was snowing blizzard force. Four inches later, it stopped; the plows came through and snow started melting off the cars in the parking lot. Then it started again. There’s another inch and a-half out there. It’s only 1:30 pm.

Stop shaking the flippin’ snow globe!

7. #7 Robin at Bumblebee
    on Feb 29th, 2008 at 1:58 pm

It’s Friday afternoon and I’m so very cold my fingers can hardly move. At least it’s not snowing here…but then, that would at least make the cold pretty.

I just keep thinking, “next week is the flower show…next week is the flower show.”

Robin at Bumblebee

8. #8 Aiyana
    on Feb 29th, 2008 at 2:29 pm

The best solution is to visit Arizona! Our temperature will be 82 degrees today, and everything is starting to bloom!
    Aiyana

9. #9 katie
    on Feb 29th, 2008 at 3:02 pm

I think it’s scheduled to arrive in May…right after the floods…
    Welcome to the Midwest!

on Mar 2nd, 2008 at 9:45 am

Carol, it will end…but barely soon enough!

CJ, I’m coming over to check that out right now.

Jen(aside), how could I have picked you out from the rest of the people walking around and grumbling? ;-)

Joy, hang in there….as will I.

Curtis, it was pretty…and pretty frustrating.

Hotfessional, that’s craziness!

Robin, a flower show sounds fabulous right now.

Aiyana, 82 degrees? Ohhh…that sounds perfect!

Katie, no doubt. We’re definitely in for some flooding with all this snowpack.

11. #11 Farewell, February « The Inadvertent Gardener
    on Mar 5th, 2008 at 11:46 pm

[...] paths to the garden « Winter: the season that won’t surrender Green Thumb Sunday: Fortress of solitude [...]

12. #12 Go west, young gardener « The Inadvertent Gardener
    on Oct 9th, 2008 at 7:15 pm

[...] possible opportunity to celebrate. But this past year had its moments. There was loss, and that ever-lasting winter. I spent more hours than I care to count trudging back and forth through [...]

13. #13 Go west, young gardener – The Inadvertent Gardener